Just want five minute peace? Celebrate the joys of motherhood with this gorgeous Mother's Day gift edition of the modern picture book classic!
"If you are not familiar with these stories, you really have not lived ... you just couldn't get better" Guardian
Mums everywhere will understand the plight of poor Mrs Large. All she wants is five minutes' peace and quiet away from her boisterous children! So, taking refuge in the bathroom, she fills herself a hot, foamy bubble bath and takes in a tray of her favourite breakfast and the morning paper. But there’s never a dull moment with the Large family, and it soon becomes clear that mum's quiet time is to be very short-lived! Family life is beautifully observed in this warm and funny modern classic from Jill Murphy.
5 things mums REALLY want for Mother’s Day
We asked mums with young kids what they REALLY want for Mother’s Day. Here’s what they said…
- A clean house. I wish they would pick up their toys and tidy up after themselves for just one day!
- Breakfast in bed. I wish they could make the breakfast for a change. And bring it to me in bed. And then wash up.
- Pamper me. A non-essential present, like a spa treatment, flowers or perfume.
- Something homemade. A card made by them is always nicer than something generic bought in a shop.
- Me time. To be able to just go to the toilet or take a bath – on my own!
To celebrate Mother's Day, we've made a special Mother's Day edition of the classic picture book which is gorgeous! You can pick up a copy in your local bookshop.